Greetings Rapidan Ruritans from your 2019 District Governor,
Happy New year to all of you. I hope the holidays were a blessing to you all. As I announced at the convention, this years District Community Service project will be collecting spare change and donating it into our community to support children. At the national convention our First Lady of Ruritan Nelda Cassell announced that her national project will be Adoption Awareness. I encourage you to join these two together and donate your change to support a local adoption organization. My goal for the year is each club to collect $200.. I have great hope that we will exceed that goal!
Get inspired to help a local children organization by participating in our Collecting 4 Change Program. By you, your family and friends collecting the little bit of change you have hidden around your house, you can make a big difference in a childs life. All it takes is a few simple steps. Here’s what you need to do:
- Find an empty mason jar, box, coffee can or anything to store change.
- Download this one-pager (link below) and tape it on your spare change jar
- The fun part!
- Inside the house: couch cushions, pant pockets, dryer, washer and anywhere else loose change winds up
- Get outside: the car, your neighbors, and everyone you know! Tell them what you are doing and have them join in on the fun. Contacting your local school district is another great idea! Teachers may be willing to put large water jugs next to their desk, and kids and teachers can drop their loose change from their purses and pockets into it!
- Now, we want you to take your collection jar and head to your local bank branch. Ask the manager to run it through their change counting machine. You will be surprised how much money you raised!
Now it’s time to donate!
Don’t forget to send your total to the District Governor:firstname.lastname@example.org